Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

end point on a circle

CH

while selecting holes for a driling toolpath i have the selection filter set to end point and center. the problem is that when i select a circle i am picking up an endpoint? headscratch.gif

i dont think i should i be picking up an endpoint on a circle? should i?

I know that i can un select end point while picking holes but i am trying to reduce mouse clicks.

jmparis Slepydremr

yes I can pick only center in the filter I was just trying to find a way around that option. I would prefer to set my filters for what I need 90% of the time and leave them set. (fewer clicks)

dwsz71 , your entities method works real well for selecting my geometry but.... the tool path comes out basically reversed from how I picked it on the screen. This creates less than desirable tool path.

Pete , my "endpoints" are showing up at 06:00 270º relative to the top view of my part ?

Mike , I tried your method and had no success with it. Being that I am masked on a 5mm hole and the hole goes through the part I end up with 2 hits per hole.

Roger , sounds like what I need! biggrin.gif

thanks! for the replies....

quote:

the tool path comes out basically reversed from how I picked it on the screen. This creates less than desirable tool path.

Agreed. I don't care for the re-ordering of my selections either. But it always finds the center of that circle and most of the time I can find a "close enough" sort pattern.

quote:

FYI...

A change has been made to Drill Point Selection for MR1.

Now when you use the Entites selection method and tag an Arc - you always get the center point, never the end points of the arc.

This is a change? Are you sure about that, Roger? It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that......I don't. biggrin.gif

I always use "Entities" when selecting holes. I use it because I thought it automatically found the center. That way, I can be kinda careless (read quick), and as long as I select the arc, it's gonna find the center. I just find it hard to believe that of all the times I've done it, I've NEVER selected the endpoint of a circle.

Thad

CH,

quote:

Mike , I tried your method and had no success with it. Being that I am masked on a 5mm hole and the hole goes through the part I end up with 2 hits per hole.

The Mask on Arc function is more flexible than many users are aware of. Instead of selecting "All Arcs" as Mike suggested, Window select only the arcs that you want for comparison from a Front or Side view. This will then eliminate the selection of arcs that are the same size and angle segment but at a different depth in the geometry. HTH cheers.gif