Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpmaster posts

mig

mig,

You might want to email In-house Solutions.

I seem to remember reading here somewhere that they had an Okuma post.

They may have you actually go thru your reseller to obtain it but they can tell you if the do have one.

HTH

This is an issue I'd like an answer too.

What if X was your first Mastercam seat you purchased. Where do you get your posts from?

V9?

Mig, if you want to do canned cycles and C,Y-axis you will need 2 posts. One for the turning ops and one for the C-axis toolpaths.

What machine are you using?

I am using mc from ver 6.

Usually when new ver come out I converting old post then gluing myself to computer for weekend and making new post to way I like from mpokuma etc.

But looks like things coming tougher and tougher. Why should I ask master post from In hose solution? Why it not on CD any more?

I using okuma mill 3 axis .

DavidB

I hear where you are coming from. I haven't loaded X so I am not dealing with any of those issues. I would guess [hope] that there are some X posts being developed or available that are not included on the CD...

mig

I'd try to update the Ver9 post you have and hopefully it'll come through OK

C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Perhaps limiting the number of posts available to the general public is a nice way to cut down on Piracy. Not saying it will even make a ding but hey... every little bit helps.

"So I just bought MC X I load it make a toolpath go to post it for an Okuma machine I have and there is no post."

First of all, you would have to select a machine first in X so I doubt you would create a toolpath and then go looking for a post.

And, if you take a moment to read Steve's response you will see that the resellers have the X post installation available to them. It is extremely unlikely any of them would sell the software to a company without providing the machine def, control def and post files they need from that installation or updating existing available V9 posts for them.

Leaving the posts and their associated files off of the installation cd allows us to keep the most up to date files available for download to the resellers. The post installation is going to be a permanent work in progress as we add more files to it when they become available.

You are correct, we have not placed a 4X Mill/Turn Okuma post on the X installation (yet). Of course, you or your reseller can always update any existing post at any time. The X post installation is not simply a collection of posts ran through the update post script, anyone can do that. The collection of posts on the installation have all been worked on and added to for X. I'm sure we'll get to a 4X Okuma post at some point in time.

So reseller must send posts with cd, when you porches next ver of MC?

Ok I will contact our reseller. But still don't understand why to make things more complicate?

BTW MPosts(for okuma) never was 100% usefull.

Each time i should put lot off chenges to make it runnig