Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

can you "G93" with a Haas VF3

Toolfab

On my Maho mills if we need to adjust for something we simply put in a G93 x x.xx I am being told be the operators that you cant do that in a Haas. Is there a way to just "offset" a toolpath rather than having them find me, change the geo, and repost it?

I have very limited knowledge of the Haas so any info would be greatly helpful. Thank you.

G93 on a HAAS I believe is for Inverse feedrates.

quote:

nverse Time Feed Mode (G93)

This VMC/HMC feature specifies that all F (feedrate) values are to be interpreted as “strokes per minute.” This is equivalent to saying that the F code value, when DIVIDED INTO 60, is the number of seconds that the motion should take to complete. G93 is generally used in 5-axis work, and sometimes in 4-axis work as well. It’s a way of translating the linear (inches/min) feedrate assigned to the program – F30, say – into a value that takes rotary motion into account. When G93 is activated, the F value will tell you how many times per minute the stroke (tool move) can be repeated, based on the linear F value.

Haas has been able to accommodate full 5-axis machining for many years; however, this feature, in conjunction with aftermarket CAM systems and their post-processors, offers even more flexibility and versatility.

HAAS Automation

So is there a code that Haas will read that would act the way that I am thinking? Say i want to move a contour pass .005 in Y. In the Maho I would use G93 Y.005 and it would shift the Y value .005. Kinda like a cutter comp (G41) but it only effects one axis rather than 2 on a G41 because of the radius call.

Am I pissin in the wind or is there some trick or code that I am missing.

G52 may be what you are looking for. Be careful because it will remain in affect and apply to all programs until it is zeroed out again! It may be possible to use G10 to load a value into the G52 register then use G10 again at the end of the program to "zero" it back out. More involved editing but safer. I've been bit using G52 shifts before.......

To use a G10 line you could do it like so

G10 L2 P0 G90 X.004 Y0 Z0 A0

shift your X.004

at the end of the program

G10 L2 P0 G90 X0 Y0 Z0 A0

and shift it back

You guys were right I haven't used it in quite awhile and forgot all about it.