Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

toolpath group

spade117

In the same Machine Group? Are you inadvertantly creating a new Machine Group, which also creates a new Toolpath Group.

Creating new Toolpath Groups must be done by right-clicking on the "Machine Group 1" or "Toolpath Group 1" AFAIK.

By right-click in just the Operation Manager, only the choice of New Machine group->Mill/Lathe/Router/Wire is given.

I've been going into tool manager and using the 'copy to library' option. I just copy the tools I want to a dummy library and then when I'm ready for them I just open the dummy library and pull them all back in at once. Works well when using the same tools for multiple part #'s.

Note: when copying to the library it overwrites what's there.

if you right click on the 1st tool path group to hightlight them all, you can go doen to export and export them, move into your new toolpath group and right click, >> import

brilu397,

I keep ALL of my tools in my libraries after I create them, then they are always there and ready for use in any program.

Not to hijack:

quote:

The only 2 options I am aware is picking your tools out of the library again or exporting them out of the 1st op to be imported into the next.

There is an easier way to transfer tools used in different Machine Groups within an MCX file.

In the upper left corner of the Tool Manager there is a drop down that allows you to switch between the available "Machine Groups". Simply drop down to a previous "Machine Group" select the tools you want to reuse by holding the Ctrl and mouse clicking or mouse click (first tool) Shift+click (last tool), right-click selected, Copy tools, go back to active Machine Group via the drop down, right-click Paste Tools.

This is for tools, not OPs. Sorry if that's not what you were referring to John.

Dave,

quote:

In the upper left corner of the Tool Manager there is a drop down that allows you to switch between the available "Machine Groups". Simply drop down to a previous "Machine Group" select the tools you want to reuse by holding the Ctrl and mouse clicking or mouse click (first tool) Shift+click (last tool), right-click selected, Copy tools, go back to active Machine Group via the drop down, right-click Paste Tools.

Now that is slick, I did not know that was available. I'd have just been digging back into the library.

Thanks

quote:

You might be able to "import" them from the tools manager, but I can't give you step by step on that.

Right click in tool area and bring up tool manager. Click the far right icon in the middle of the 2 windows (middle of screen). Locate and select your MCX file. Open. Select the tools from the lower window that you want to import and click the up arrow at the right.

Thad

John,

I keep my tools in libraries also. I use a library I named 'temp.tls' that I save tools to when I'm using the same tools in multple programs. Ex: I set up tools for part #a, i've changed tool #s, edited speeds/feeds, and now I need to program part #b which is just the opposite hand of part a. This keeps my tool lists the same for both parts, making it easier on the operators. cheers.gif