Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Import operations?

SLJ

I'm having trouble with import of operations in X. In V9, I could browse to an old M9 file, select individual operations, and import them without saving the ops to some operation folder first. Now, I can only browse to a folder, not individual MCX files. I've tried opening the other file, exporting the ops to a folder, but it won't let me name a new folder. Keeps giving me an invalid file name error. I don't want to override the defaults, by letting it put them in the ops file. What am I missing here?

quote:

Now, I can only browse to a folder, not individual MCX files.

When you pick the folder, all MCX files in that folder will be available to import from via the drop down. If the first MCX file in the folder contains no toolpaths, you'll get some kind of error. Click OK and you'll be all set.

I do this all the time.

Thad

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All!

This is one interface (in X) I would like to see totally revamped! idea.gif

At least in V9 (after the first 'pick' the function would defult to that same directory. Now, I have to go up and back down the directory tree each and every time. AND - the fuction wants to open the first file in the directory. If that .mcx file dosn't have operations, than it's error message time, etc. etc. etc...

A Cut n' Paste would be nice!

~Kathy

• 2 years later...

quote:

i wish importing operations was the same as it was in v9.

IIRC, wasn't it more steps to import from another MC9 file? Didn't you have to go through Job Setup to do it? As opposed to importing from a library, which was right click-import from the ops manager.

I'm with you on MC remembering the path, or at least have an Import from MCX option in the Files section of the config file. That was requested a while back.

Thad