Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surfacing Question?

ce@mastertool

I don't have an issue with the tool change. Or the

rapid motion to Feed plane. What is happening is the tool feeds to z depth at rapid feed."great" Then feeds to the first x or y at rapid feed" not so great". The following x or y changes to feed rate.

The result being the cutter entering the part at high feed rate. Or if I lower rapid feed rate to match feed rate. Slow motion to z depth.

This only happens in some surface paths. No problems in conventional paths ie contour, pocket,circle mill, ect.

Chris

What you are seeing Chris is I "think" a function of the toolpath itself.

You tool comes down to your rapid height, uses the plunge feedrate down to cut position, uses the plunge feedrate up to where your stock definition begins, then it jumps down to the cutting feedrate.

I don't know it there is a way to adjust this.

are you using direction for this toolpath. Ig you are your plunge and retract feedrate come into effect. I will most time use direction and a Z nagle to ramp into a part so my cutter is not plunging directly on the part. Now you might ask if I am closed in that does not work well it will if the cuts are going in the same direction for a start just think of using the angle of apporach 180 and it will od the same thing but starting 180 from the wall.

HTH

Are you using direction for this toolpath? If you are your plunge and retract feedrate come into effect. I will most time use direction and a Z nagle to ramp into a part so my cutter is not plunging directly on the part. Now you might ask if I am closed in that does not work well it will if the cuts are going in the same direction for a start just think of using the angle of apporach 180 and it will od the same thing but starting 180 from the wall.

HTH