Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HASP

Kdiver

I have the same concern. I took the lanyard off of my flash drive and it is attached to my SIM. Of course two days after I did that I left my flash drive in my pocket and ran it through the washing machine. I was joking around about chaining it to an old license plate or something like the gas stations do with their bathroom keys. Maybe an old trailer wheel.

I know I am not much help. Just piped in to let you know you're not alone. Maybe we will get some good ideas from the gang here.

Cheers,

My reseller handed out some very nice plastic keyring type things that he had made. They are 2" diameter, 1/8" thick and read... Wynn Frick Consulting COPY PROTECT for MASTERCAM cnc system (724) 864-7750. It makes it hard to misplace my HASP now....and noone mistakes it for a flash drive either. Kudos to Wynn on that one.

On the same lines I think they should have provided a cover for the USB end of the new sims. I just take mine out of the front of the computer and stick on the shelf next to me, but I hate having it exposed to the shop enviornment. And sadly the end caps from a sandisk flash drive don't fit.

Just my two cents.