Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Video & ME problems

Rob B

I have a Geforce 2mx/mx 400 video card. Guess what? The cursor is blacked out on screen. Can you believe it? I have download drivers from nvidia home page. Doesn't seem to help. Just bought Dell 8100 w/ME. I have read all forums related to this topic. I see the easies thing to do would be change OS or video card. Can,t do that at this time. I do have a free upgrade to XP. Just wondering if this might cure the problem. Just as if I were run Win 98 I wouldn't have this problem. Any solutions other than spending more $$$$.

This is a known problem with Windows ME and the MX line of GeForce2's and has been discussed many times before on this forum (search this forum using keywords like "Windows ME", "cursor" and "black"). Long story short, you're stuck with a black cursor. You can try the latest drivers from nVidia, but that almost definitely won't help. The MX line is "lite" version so you get you pay for. You could also ditch that card and get a non-MX Geforce2 like the Pro or GTS. Finally, you could always upgrade to Windows 2000. The problem doesn't appear to exist with the MX's on Windows 2000 and you'll get a more reliable operating system at the same time (Windows 9x/ME are meant for home users and not meant for industrial applications).

YYYEEESSS!!!!!!!!!! Just got the drivers loaded. Worked like a dream. Hope that it gets uploaded to The web page. If not e-mail me and I will send you copy. It done the job for ME smile.gif . Thanks again for all the help and replies. Rob biggrin.gif

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: Rob ]