Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

money again

Elad

I still don't understand this maintenance thing.

We'll spend $$$ on a seat of a piece of software. No one is forced to purchase maintenance as part of the sale. If someone chooses not to, then what they have is pretty much what they are going to have. With the exception of SP's. If you want to buy up at the next release, someone correct me if I am wrong here, you end up purchasing the full boat again or at least the lions share of it.

If you choose maintenance you are always in the current release, full releases are included.

The math is so darn simple.

for a ML3 seat w/ solids & multi-axis, you could be on maintence for almost 6 years and then you would have been in the neighborhood of the initial cost of the software.

Somehow I think during those 6 years you are going to get a full release and probably two.

Either SolidCam is real cheap over there or X real expensive

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Real cheap over .

And Cimatron too .

My take I would prefer Cimatron over Solidcam though it is hit now ,mostly for a price .

Many job shops introduced it

For molds ,complex parts and assembly /design I would prefer Ciamtron over Solidcam .

I used both of them and actually returned to Mastercam and I say it `s much faster and esier than both of them .

But the price kills .

Our dealer is a great guy ,but what happens in Israel now in three years noone will work on it ,trust my words .

You can give tons of arguments ,but when price

of competitors is a half ,and support is good you `ll loose a fight

I would stay with mastercam as far as I can ,but sometimes you can not go against the mainstream

The emphasise is :

Price policy in Israel must be changed and become more flexable and realistic ,if they want to stay in our market

Flame protection activated

Winnie,

where did you go.

We don't see you a lot like we used to.

I'm sure your boss will let you pop in for few min few times a day to give us some new tricks and information.

If your boss is doing hard time for you give me a call...i will kick his a@*# wink.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifcheers.gif