Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

No Sim Found?????

archer

We have been fighting this problem since we first installed X back in August I think.

You can do a search around here, this has been discussed on numerous occasions before.

However we tried everthing; All the things I found on the Forum, had our reseller out here 3 different times to try to make changes, had CNC Softwares involved numerous times, they sent out new sims and still no luck.

Finally they just gave up and sent us out individual sims and everything is fine now.

Good Luck,

Jeff

Do you have a firewall blocking UDP traffic?

We were having similar problems with vX, and found it was using UDP despite our nethasp configuration (nethasp.ini) specifying the use of TCP. v9 uses TCP and we didn't have problems with it. Once our firewall was configured to allow UDP traffic on port 475 the problem went away.

HTH

Archer,

It sounds like a NETHASP.INI problem.

In the root directory of Mcamx, look for NETHASP.INI, make a backup copy of it and edit the original.

In the file, somewhere near the bottom, look for a line that reads something like:

;;NH_SERVER_ADDR = ; IP addresses of all the NetHASP.

Remove the 2 semi colons at the beginning of the line and change the "" to the IP address of you nethasp server. you may have to ask your I.T. person what that adress is.

My line looks like this:

NH_SERVER_ADDR = 172.16.203.6 ; IP addresses of all the NetHASP

HTH

Rob

To add to what Rob posted, make sure you modify the NH_SERVER_ADDR variable in the [NH_TCPIP] section as there could be more than 1 instance of NH_SERVER_ADDR in a nethasp.ini file.

Unless you are using a Novell network, in which case, you'd change it in the [NH_IPX] section. But I doubt you are.

I'm sure I'm about to muddy the waters...

I was unable to get client machines running with X using TCP/IP. I tried specifying the Servers' IP address but without sucess. V9 ran happily on TCP/IP alone. Argh.

To cut a painful, several week long story short, I activated all three protocols in Windows (on the client machine and the Server), and then made sure that the Nethasp License Manager had all three protocols loaded. Only then could I get X to run with the Nethasp.

When I did a bit of testing, I found that I was unable to get X running if the License Manager only had any two of the three protocols loaded - it needed all three or it wasn't interested. I'm sure that an overbearing IT dept. and the liberal use of Group Policies had something to do with it.

This was back in August last year, and now I'm a little fuzzy on the details!

Another update, we tried the aladdin diagnostix utility. What are the settings we need? Also, tried the other ideas. The nethasp is located on a computer with Windows 2000 loaded on it. Could this have anything to do with it? And we do have a Novell network here. Thanks for everyones help.

Keep me posted Archer,

We tried all of the above accept we did not know about the DiagnostiX utility. As I said before, even CNC Softwares could not figure it out and ended up sending us individual sims.

Probably had nothing to do with our constant grumbling 4_9_15v.gif and complaining 36_1_29.gif 36_1_28.gif