Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting problems in MR1

Cuda84

I use multiple machine groups when working in MasterCam. They are usually seperated out into 3-axis milling, 5-axis milling, and drilling. They all have different posts, and from drilling to milling have different extensions. When posting my programs I usually just go down the line and grab the toolpath group, which selects all of the operations under it, then push the G1 button and the check mark and they are posted. My post's are set up to output the required extension's, .lng, .tap, .prg, .iso, exct. Now with MR1 they don't change unless I go into the properties/file folder for that machine group. I don' have to do anything, just open the files folder. This sounds like a bug to me, has anyone else seen this problem? headscratch.gif

We make tooling for the automotive industry, so we always start with part surfaces from other design systems. We have a number of systems here, (UG, Mechanical desktop, Power Shape, and IDEAS) for design. My primary design software is IDEAS, although I have found some things easier in MasterCam. I have been doing Cam for about 6 1/2 years, I have been useing MasterCam since October 2004. There is one thing that we need to do in design that I cannot do in MasterCam, and that is sweep a tube along a spline. It is called Variational Sweep in IDEAS and UG. My MasterCam reseler could not figure out how to do it eithrer. For the most part I am happy with MasterCam I just can't do all of my design work in it yet. If you are interested in what we need the Variational Sweep for I could probably send you a file.

In IDEAS I have sketch on path. I would use this option and draw a circle. The path you sketck on is your spline or edge. The Variational Sweep will sweep the circle along the path. I have not tried this since X first came out. At that time I could not sweep a full circle along a planer spline, and they usually are not planer. If you think it now has the functionality I am looking for could you please send me an example.

David,

I see what you you are talking about and have logged the issue. It appears that the extension is coming from the machine group where the red pointer is when you post. You'll notice that the red pointer automatically moves into the correct machine group while posting, it just appears that the extension is not updated prior to the nc file being created.