Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Copy Operations Manager to another job?

Hugh.Venables

Learned gentlemen one and all, I am working on two jobs that are very similar. They both require the same operations but have slightly different geometry. I am sure if I tool path the first I should be able to move the Operations Manager to the other and update the geometry but I don't know how. I suppose I should be more honest and say I can't remember how. Please pitch any replies at computer dummy level. Thank you. Hugh Venables.

Thanks Elad, I think that is what I was looking for and I could just about manage it.

Thanks Greg, could you expand on that a bit please? Do I understand you to say you merge two MC8 files together (how?) and delete unwanted geometry, then change tool path geometry as per the save/get from library method?

Thanks guys, Hugh Venables.

Hugh,

Try this, do the first one (being the 1st part).

Then bring up the new Geo or job that is alike.

Now from here go into "toolpaths" "Job Setup"

Use the import button.

From here go pick the last job you did.

You will see the tools and ops from this new window, High light all that you want to bring in.

This will bring in the tools and the ops from that last job.

You can check if you want it to bring the geo with it.

This how I do similar jobs all the time.

The way that elad was talking is if there are particular jobs that you do often you can save these tool paths in the ops dir.

This way you can call then up for any type of job.

Example would be a tap setup that includes the spot drill, the minor drill and the tap, say for a 1/4-20 now.

Now you can use this any time without having reprogram all three ops.

All so after you have a library going you can move them to another seat of MC to use at another work station.

Hope this helps

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]

I have tried all three methods and they all three work. I settled on the "save to library" method, eventhough I have had the order of the ops scramble during the save. After arranging them with "define ops" they stay put. Im curious to hear if anyone else has had this problem during saving ops. I used to do it Gregs way, but you have to save the mc8 file in a place where someone don't delete it. It also takes on the name of whatever you save the file as so you have to change nci destination- more clicks. Jays method is identical in results as the first, and if I used the job set up option at all I would do it that way. I have found no use for job set up in 2d, but on new mastercam installs I do go in and set some defaults.