Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam updates

Jeff the haas_guy

We have only downloaded one update(SP1) for mastercam X.

Are there any updates that may lock up mastercam, so as it may need to be reloaded?

Our cd rom on our computer is not working. So if something were to happen and lock up mastercam so it needs to be reloaded, it can't be done. It took me 3 years to finally get this here, and I dont want to lose it.

WE are getting a new computer, but not till the fall. Things here don't happen too quickly. I suppose if I played solitare on it like they do in the office, I would have a brand new high speed computer. Unfortunatly we get the hand me downs from the office. Now I'm going on and on...

Will there be any problems with any of the updates?

Thanks, in advance.

Not to be any more of a smart-xxxx than absolutely necessary, but can the CD rom not be replaced or a second one added? I had a PC computer on my desk for years that could only read CD's and I wanted to be able to write them, too, and I went down to Staples and got a Sony unit for something like $40. Maybe that was a red-hot deal or something. Nothing was required in the way of software or anything. It just hooked to an existing cable and power supply and that was it.

PBPaul

haas_guy,

The updates are supposed to fix issues in Mcam X, not break the system. If your system crashes when you run Mcam X, it typically is due to the hardware not meeting specs for running the application. Review the minimum requirements for the system to run Mcam X and if you need to, print them out and show your supervisors or someone in purchasing to get those requirements met. If they still balk remind them of where the money is really made and if the CNC equipment isn't running they won't have jobs very long. You can't do your job using the software they've invested in if the software won't work on a poor hardware setup. Good luck. HTH cheers.gif

True.

But our shop used to be the same way. It took years to get management to understand that Mastercam requires more resources than Excel.

Terry...thanks for that...It's like pulling teeth to get good hardware out of the office.

I currently working on it. We have no printer and no cd rom...and I'm not going out to buy one for my place of employment, as PBpaul stated.

In one of the updates the notes stated that it may disable your hasp and you would have to redownload the drivers. We are on the network but we can't access the internet.

Im sure someone else has worked in a shop that does not purcahse everything you needed for the job.

The previous shop I woked in would buy anything I needed, sight unseen. As my luck had it they laid me off permanetly when finances got low. They kept the cheap help.

Oh well, all things considered, I have a great job now.

-------------------------------------------------

Review the minimum requirements for the system to run Mcam X and if you need to, print them out and show your supervisors or someone in purchasing to get those requirements met. If they still balk remind them of where the money is really made and if the CNC equipment isn't running they won't have jobs very long. You can't do your job using the software they've invested in if the software won't work on a poor hardware setup. Good luck. HTH

-----------------------------------------------

Peter. this is a very interesting concept. But I would not go the management and tell them who and what runs the shop. I know the answer to that and don't need reiterate it to the big boys.

I did that at my last place of employment and during low times, they decided to get rid of the crap disturbers.