Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nhasp & command line switches

WWFCAM

We have 3 seats of mcam

one L1

one M1

one M3 with full 5ax

one Solids

the mill seats connect properly when using /m1 /noL

or /m3 /noL

but the lathe seat using /L1 /noM

doesn't restrict user to only the lathe it acutally fires up M3 & L1

one seat (better computer)is set with

C:mcamxmastercam.exe /m3 /s /x5 /v5 /c5

but if the lathe guy starts mcamX before I do then he gets my mill3 seat

is this a bug in mcam or the nethasp?

when we first installed X the only way to control who uses which seat was to use the command line switchs

any help is appreciated

thanks

win xp pro

mcamX MR1

mcam v9.1

I'll run some tests here...

-------------Edited------------

I think I see what might be happening. When the lathe guy starts, he's in 'Design' - no Machine Type selected. But Mastercam needs to check something out from the NetHasp and it looks like it might grab the mill license. If the Lathe guy switches to a Lathe Machine type, that should free up whatever it had grabbed (so now the Mill guy(s) can have it) and grab a Lathe license.

Maybe the place where we're saying "we gotta check something out but we don't know what yet" isn't looking at the "/noM".

If this is the case, you should be able to grab that Mill license after the Lathe guy switches to a Lathe machine type.

• 4 years later...

A switch with

/M1 will limit the startup to a Mill 1 seat

/M2 - Mill 2

/M3 = Mill 3

Beyond that there is no way I no to permanently restrict a user if he overrides the switch

Guys,

You can use the Mastercam Launcher program (you'll find it in your Start > Programs > MastercamX4 folder) to configure a desktop icon with the correct switches.

You can restrict the Mastercam session with the switches, and the user will NOT be able to check out a license manually if the icon has the restrictions in place. We tested this recently because we have both Mill and Router licenses on our NetHasp.