Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting multiple tool paths in X

rob@fain

Every once in a while X will not let me post multiple tool paths. All morning I've been doing simulars file, then all of a sudden I get one that won't let me post the whole program. I'm useing X mr1. I've been useing the same post for all the files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

right click and rename your nc file so all paths are the same file name.

Also if before you create paths, go into your op manager >> files >> you can name your nc filename there >> now when you create toolpaths they will all have the same name.

If you do toolpaths first you need to use the right click >> name nc file name method to chjange them

HTH

It does name them, whatever you choose to name them.

You just have to remember to set the name first and then create your toolpaths.

If you do it in that order you will never have a problem of different named ops.

If you bring them in or transfer them from a different op then you have to use the right click method to change them.

Kind of an old dog new tricks thing biggrin.gif

Well yes it names the NCI to what ever name you define in the machine group. I just think it works alot better when it names the NCI to the same name as my toolpath group. Saves me some typing if I don't have to type in the name I want in first the machine group and then name my toolpath group to the same name again. If I later have to add something to a previous toolpath group I have to go back to the machine group and change the name again or use "change NC file name". V9 did all this automaticly.

Yeah I am not sure if I got it all wrong but it doesn't make all sense to me.

This is how I do it. If I have two different parts I want to machine using the same tool list in the same machine I pull in my machine def and create a tool path group under that machine def.I name the TPG to part_1_top. I do the same thing for the other setups on that part. part_1_bottom,part_1_back and so on. For part two I now have the option of pulling in the same machine def again but if I do that I have to start a new tool list and that would make the machinist mad. So I have to continue to create TPG under the first machine def naming them part_2_top and so on. The down side with this is that when ever I want to verify I have to change my stock setup depending on what part I work with. And I have to make sure all TPG contains the correct NCI name. Is this how is is supposed to be done or am I missing something?

If I am doing electrodes I have to share one stock setup and one place for pre setting the NCI name for 10-20-30 toolpath groups.

[ 02-09-2006, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Jorgen ]