Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Default for Assign T#'s Sequentially

I keep certain tools in my carousel on the machine.

I then add in the needed tools to complete a job coupled with the standard set.

Renumbering is a major PITA as I need to always be aware that 18 - 30 are standard tools.

So i might have Tools

#1 - 8

and also using #18, #22, #25 #29

It would be nice at the library level perhaps to set it as tool#18 lets say and llock it so that as I use it in a program and renumber the added tools, that tool does NOT renumber also but is locked in as tool 18

I have a couple of things to note on this subject for X.

1. In V9 when you right clicked to "get tool from library", you could also go to the job setup and check/uncheck te assign tool #'s sequentially checkbox anytime while creating toolpaths. Not an option in X.

2. As mentioned many people work off a large library of tools for say a 32 pocket toolchanger. The vast majority of tools will be assigned sequentially (drills, taps, reamers, endmills, etc...) except for tools 25 through 32 (face mill, spot drill, 1/2" endmill, 3.8" endmill, 1/4" endmill, etc...) which never change. It would be nice to be able to set it to assign tool #'s sequentially but to "lock" tools individually to their tool # within the tool library. Currently in these situations I have people open up a "template" file that already contains tools 25 through 32.

Thank you,