Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

No wireframe in igs????

MIKE_B

Mike_B,

Yes - that sounds like the same problem. Would it be possible for you to send me ([email protected]) one or two of the files so I can verify that its been fixed?

Also....

"...So my fix for now is bringing them into V9 then saving them as X files..."

I think you mean "saving them as V9 files and then bringing those into X" (unless there's a V9 'SaveAs X' function or C-hook that we don't know about yet -which wouldn't necessarily surprise me!).

bellyup,

"...is this related to the masking feature not working right? and if not, has anyone asked about that yet? i searched and didn't find any threads on it..."

There are some known issues with the IGES mask like trying to turn off lines and arcs but leaving trimmed surfaces on. Because a surface may be trimmed to lines or arcs, the mask will be ignored. Likewise if turning off notes but leaving dimensions on.

We see it as a low priority issue. Let me know how important it is to you.

thanks pete,

as of now, not a high priority because it works for me the way it is.

but noticed the masking options will revert to 'all on' before the file is imported, so if you wanted just wireframe for ex., you would still get surfs as well.

when i did the same test in v9, the mask worked and the options stayed the way you selected them.

bellyup,

"...when i did the same test in v9, the mask worked and the options stayed the way you selected them..."

OK - thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard that masking was working any differently in X than in V9.

---EDITED-----

Oh, man - I wish they were all that easy. It took me longer to log it in our 'bug log' than it did to fix it. It was a one-line fix and it'll be included in MR2.

---EDITED-----

[ 02-23-2006, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Pete Rimkus from CNC Software, Inc. ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So the best I can surmise from the posts listed is that when importing IGES files to MCX, you do not get the wireframe. It was also mentioned that this issues should be fixed in MR2, which we are running. We are still having this problem. Are there some settings we need to adjust? We have another seat of MCX, for design only, that does not have this issue. We compared many of the settings to ensure they were the same but no luck.

Thanks,

----

"...We have another seat of MCX, for design only, that does not have this issue...."

----

Joe,

Is that Design seat at MR2 also?

There is still an outstanding issue in MR2 regarding creation of the wireframe curves used to trim surfaces. That should be the only wireframe you're missing. We got too many complaints about IGES files that contain transformations and subfigures where only the surfaces are references. If this is the case, the surfaces would get moved, but that would then leave the wireframe out hanging in space. So for now, they're not there and you can use the Edge Curve creation function to get them.

Hey, I've had the no-line problem for awhile now also, and all I've been doing is opening the iges file in MCX and I save it as a STEP file, and then re-open, and Viola! lines on every edge.

Seems like this has always been a problem with iges/mastercam, and a couple of other formats as well. So nowdays I just ask customers to send me step files if possible, so I don't have to deal with the noline problem.