Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic compensation on Makino A55e

Bruce Caulley

Morning all,

We are just starting to redo some of the production work that is on our horizontal machines. In the past these were programmed for each face rather than having different rotations/work offsets for each face. The control is a professional 3 which I understand is just a fanuc. What I was wondering was if this control would support dynamic compensation for a workpiece co-ordinate rather than using the centre of the pallet rotation? On our Mazaks we use G54.2 for dynamic comp. Is there something similar on this control?

cheers

Bruce

Bruce,

Don't take this the wrong way but this might be a question better asked of the machine seller. Since you are unaware of the functionality of this control, he should be aware of which options were purchased on the machine.

The control is probably capable of it, question is, was this option purchased.

Woooow nelly, are you saying that he is telling you that your code MUST come off the center of rotation? You can certainly have multiple work offsets that use different B rotations as well as different origins (not the center of rotation). I must be misunderstanding something, I hope.

G54-G59

G54.1P1

G54.1P2

G54.1P3

etc...

Roger, Bruce got the part that he'll need to use multiple offsets. What he was looking for is Dynamic Comp. Mazaks have the ability to set this comp for parts that don't necessarily repeat or rotate exactly on center. In other words, you can program from center, but if your part is off some (due to loading, orientation or otherwise), you can probe, indicate or set the "offcenter" amount and the machine will comp for that in rotation and and position. Cool feature...

cheers.gif

Bruce

I have uploaded an excel file to the FTP, that will give you the new datum after you have rotated the table. it is in unspecified uploads under nullpunktberechnung.xls. The Mazak maths don't work properly, still working on them.

Thanks Pip! That could come in handy. I have just tweaked the 4 axis fanuc to do what we want and will be testing it tomorrow. Our premises is divides into 2 bays and the production horizontals in bay2 still run old school methods. I am just trying to get them past 1995.

cheers.gif

Bruce