Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Data retrival

Is anyone capturing information out of their machines using the DPRNT statement?

What are you using to capture this.

Cimco is currently working on this for us but I figure someone HAS to already doing this.

I'm curious how and with what.

Its been quite a few years, but I used work at a place where we used several different methods for inspection/qualifying data. Several machines were linked to a PC with software that would allow itself to remain "open" to capture and not close in between transimissions. Basically, its set up for different trigger usage in a DNC type app.

Other machines would have a printer hooked directly to it and the data would be instant.

Sorry I can't give you the complete layout of this whole structure, but back then, I wasn't paying much attention.... tongue.gif

cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Here's a code snippet posted in another topic but related;

code:

% 

O0008(DPRINT TEST)

G90G10L50

N20R4(CHANGE COMM TO CARD)

G11

G4X10.

N0400POPEN

N0450DPRNT[VARIABLE*500*VALUE*IS*#500[44]]

N0450DPRNT[VARIABLE*501*VALUE*IS*#501[44]]

N0450DPRNT[VARIABLE*502*VALUE*IS*#502[44]]

N0450DPRNT[VARIABLE*503*VALUE*IS*#503[44]]

N0450DPRNT[VARIABLE*504*VALUE*IS*#504[44]]

N0450DPRNT[VARIABLE*505*VALUE*IS*#505[44]]

N0470PCLOS

G10L50

N20R5(CHANGE COMM TO DATASERVER)

G11

M30

%

Also do a search for "G10L50" and there should be some more info about it around here.

HTH

I am looking to capture information genrated by our probles, in the form of inspection data.

Currently our DNC sees this data but has no idae how to save into a file.

Cimco and Steve from S4A are working on it. I am just curious how other people are doing it.

I figure I cannot be the only person trying to do on-machine inspection and then capturing that information back upstream.

I am working on exactly the same thing on a Mazak6800. The way it works for me now is it printing to a txt file located on the machines hard drive. If we had the machine on the network I could then easily pull that file off, but that is not possible because of network security concerns. What kind a machine are you trying to do this on John?

i have been searching for a better solution for this also. We are using Procomm plus because it stays open, and displays the Dprnt's as they get output. problem is is that its scrolled across the screen

code:

l

i

k

e

that.

We have a 3 machine mazak fms set up and sometimes the machines will sit if the operators dont notice that a machine isnt running because a tool life or something has come up on the far machines. We put a laptop up near the load station so they can see it.

Pro-comm was what the guy who set are probes up was using on his laptop to show us "See you can get your output like this".

Where we already are using the Cimco DNC-Max and we're already connected on all our machines it makes sense to try to get this do it first.

THe only thing about procomm that i like is that it stays open and you can see it recieving the dprnt's in real time as they come. We dont have Dnc-max just the oem mastercam version of cimco that we use for normal dnc and program transfer, but you have to close out the window to see what has came over from the dprnts. So its not exactly real time.

I have used the "Capture Text" method in Hyper Terminal to recieve probe data several years ago. I have also used Cimco. The problem I had with cimco is getting it to stay open to recieve data from mutliple features. I basically had to change the timeout values to a large number to get it to stay open.