Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HS Raster toolpath

DavidB

I tried the new high speed raster toolpath over surface finish parallel.

In the step over it does not tell you scallop height like a parallel toolpath does?

In surface finish parallel the STEPOVER dialog box opens up to show you scallop height on flat erea and 45 degree erea why is it missing in the new HS toolpath?

Thanks

quote:

The only thing that I can think of is that since the HS toolpaths were purchased from a third party

confused.gif

The new HS toolpaths look a LOT like Powermill (Delcam) toolpaths to me, they have the same names too.

Why did CNC get these toolpaths from a third party and not develope them there selfs?

How did you know CNC got them from a third party?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Why did CNC get these toolpaths from a third party and not develope them there selfs?...

Why re-invent the wheel??? Kind of like why does Mastercam use Parasolids? So they didn't have to create their own engine. biggrin.gif

Mastercam does not boast about using Parasolids and it's clear its the rights of UG just look at your X help, about!

But CNC get maintenance for updates and they have given us 7 new toolpaths for maintenance poeple only that have come from a third party. I just did not expect that. If your the best at what you do and CNC clame they are at CAM why get a third party to give them toolpaths?

So really our Maintenance has gone to a third party?

quote:

How did you know CNC got them from a third party?

I know a few people. wink.gif

Verify is third party too.

I can see your point about Maint, David, but in the end I don't care. They're new features that I can use to be more productive, so I don't care where they came from. It kinda sticks out right now because that's the majority (if not all) of the goodies that come with Maint. As more Maint releases come out, you'll be getting different things for your Maint money.

Thad

The more I use these HS toolpaths the more I'm sure there Delcam's (Powermill) toolpaths. All we need now is Delacm's stock reconition.

These toolpaths have been in Delcam's Powermill since I used it 5 years ago and they where there before I ever used Powermill. The processing time is so quick. I remember 5 years ago processing the excact same toolpaths in Powermill and MC and Powermill was on average 8 times faster then MC in processing time.

Strange how some poeple would bag Powermill in this forum but I'm sure they would love these new HS toolpaths from Mastercam. confused.gif

they came from a company that specialized in only mold making software, they had next to no 2-d stuff at all. maybe delcam got their surface toolpaths also from said company. wink.gif (as did the cimco hsm)

I beleive that cnc not only aquired the HST "toolpaths", but also the software developers associated with it. I'd imagine the development program is probably financed by maintence revenue. I can't see how it's anything but win-win for us and them.

IMHO, if someone has a better mouse-trap already built and is willing to sell, it's a pretty smart move to incorporate their slick new-fangled mousetrap into your existing repertoire of mousetraps....and hire the inventor of said moustraps under your name.

• 2 weeks later...

Another reason I think there Delacam toolpaths. In Powermill you select the surace you want to machine BUT it also sees every surafce in your modal so even though you only select 1 surafe to machine it will not gouge your modal.

Mastercam NEEDS check surfaces for this toolpath to be of any use.

Once again we have been given something that's been released early and does not work to it's full potential.

David these toolpaths are very similar to Cimco HSM, which I have personally been using since it was released. You need to think a little differently then you did with MC surface paths. I always select all surfaces and boudrie out what you want to cut or not cut. Trust me you will never gouge a part using this method. My hats off to CNC Software for giving us these far superior cutter paths for "Free". I haven't used check surfaces for almost 2 years and I personally don't care if I ever do again. Just my 2 cents.