Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cannot get Machine Group Properties to 'stick'

Josh_Petitt

MasterCAM X Router SP1

I'm trying to get my stock setup customized for our work and am having the hardest time. I have opened MasterCAM, selected the Router definition, selected the Files folder under the Machine Group Properties in the browser, then modified the Machine Group Properties to my liking. After that, I clicked the green check and everything seemed ok. I then closed and reopened MasterCAM, selected the router def, and none of my changes stayed put! Any suggestions?

G code this is not entirely true. You can accesss the defaults from your file page in the ops. manager. At the bottom, select the exclamation options button. These changes that are made are going to be global. Tihs is because here you are just pointing to the libraries that the machine def. is using. Also, these changes will stick for all machine defs. that have the IE( MILL INCH DEFAULTS) set as the ops. default.

Actually, the defaults for the machine group properties -- most of them, anyway -- are stored in your operation defaults file, like ROUTER_INCH.defaults. For example, to set a default stock model size/origin, go to Files page in Machine Group Properties, and go down to Operation Defaults and click the exclamation point button. You'll see all of your operation defaults listed, and at the top you'll see the machine group properties icons. Set the default stock parameters there. Save back to Router_inch.defaults, or whatever defaults file you're using, and that stock model will automatically be created whenever you start a new router machine group.

The connection with machine def/control def is: in the control definition, Files page, you can select which operation defaults file to load when a new machine group is selected. If you just have one operation defaults file, all of your MDs/CDs can point to it, and it will get loaded no matter what machine you select. If you want to create different sets of defaults for different machines, use this page in CD to point to them.

HTH, Robert