Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform - New attributes

Henk

henk, i'm confused(easily done).

what exactly could you do before that you can't do now? maybe it could be done with the levels manager.

v9: Use construction attributes determines the attributes of the transformed entities. Check this option to use the current construction color, level, line style, and line width. Clear this option to use the attributes of the original entities.

vX: Determines the level and color attributes of the transformed entities.

Select this check box to display the Level and Color fields where you specify these attributes for the new geometry. Creating

the transformed entities on a different level and in a unique color can make them easier to identify.

To create transformed entities using the attributes of the original entities, deselect this option.

bellyup,

V9: Screen - Change levels - Copy, then select whatever you want to copy to the new level in the ORIGINAL colorS.

VX: Translate - Copy - new attributes: The copyed entyties all have the same color.

henk, there is still a screen-change levels feature, but for whatever reason, it's not in the dropdown menu. however if you go to 'settings/customize/dropdown menus/screen', there is an icon which you can put on either your rmb or a toolbar which as far as i can tell works exactly the same way as v9.

you don't need to translate.

hth.

You can switch to the destination level & right click on level in the status bar & then select the entities to change levels, but I think he wants a copy on a new level with the orig. colors. I've been playin and haven't figured how to do that yet.

quote:

V9: Screen - Change levels - Copy, then select whatever you want to copy to the new level in the ORIGINAL colorS.

VX : select the entities you want to copy to a new level, right click on levels and a dialog box pops up allowing you to input which level and whether to copy or change.

It would be nice however if in the translate-new attributes dialog box you could select to change just certain attributes and not all or none.

quote:

use the icon i mentioned above and the dialog box gives you the option of 'move' or 'copy'.

I know, but when you want to copy between levels you have to use the new attributes check box & it makes all the entities one color whereas my orig. entities might be various colors.

Bellyup and Ezra Thanks!!

quote:

VX : select the entities you want to copy to a new level, right click on levels and a dialog box pops up allowing you to input which level and whether to copy or change.

Thats it! smile.gif

quote:

It would be nice however if in the translate-new attributes dialog box you could select to change just certain attributes and not all or none.

Maybe MR3 wink.gif

• 4 years later...