Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

More config file woes...

Mjölnir

MCX-MR1

I load my .config file from the command line in the Mastercam shortcut. Since I have a roaming profile for logging onto the network I'd like to keep the config files in a folder on my desktop so the same files are available no matter what computer I log into.

For some reason, Mastercam will not read the .config if I put the path to the file on my desktop on the command line (in quotes to escape the spaces in the pathname of course), it only seems to want to read from the directory Mastercam is installed in on the c-drive.

Am I missing something, or is this by design?

sounds to me like you need to store your .config file somewhere on a network and read it from there.

even though you are storing it on your desktop on one computer that doesn't mean that when you login to another computer it's still on your desktop.

your profile roams but all the files from that computer don't roam with it.

quote:

even though you are storing it on your desktop on one computer that doesn't mean that when you login to another computer it's still on your desktop.

Yes, in fact, that is exactly what it means. Suggest you read up on Windows domain controlers and roaming user profiles.

My problem isn't with the roaming profile, it's with Mastercam not loading the config file defined on the command line if that config file isn't under the Mastercam installation directory.

Perhaps the pathname is to long for Mastercam?