Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mech desktop 6 ?

HEAVY METAL

can anyone help me with this file trying to extrude the angled slots so i can rough contour mill some of the stock. i put it on the ftp under unspecified uploads with the name 740552-solid. need to take some classes on this cad software . i can rough through most things but cant figure out how to do this one

thanks heavy

Heavy,

I took a look at your file. I can not make heads or tails of it. It is only a drawing with a rectangle and a couple of lines.

I'd be happy to gie you hand if I knew what it was you were trying to.

I tried to open it in solidworkss may be a translation issue

haas_guy,

Try this

quote:

-In Internet Explorer's menu, click on "Tools" and then "Internet Options"

-Click on the "Advanced" tab of the Internet Options dialog

-Uncheck the "Use Passive FTP (for firewall and DSL modem compatibility)" checkbox

-Restart Microsoft Internet Explorer 6

FTP Instructions

I had a look last night at this file and I tried but from what I see they don't give you enough CLEAR information about the slots to be able to do it , I had a soild made and evrything ,but when I tried to get the slots on the angle it did not look correct to me at all , I think they need to give you more information about them (angled slots) to do them (course I was very tired and heavly stressed so that might have something to do with it lol) sorry i could not be more help.

P.s. I tried this in a different software (visi) brought the key home. So I didn't use mastercam.

Dave

If no one gets this for you I'll take a stab at tonight after class. Looks doable.

Easyist way to do these I think, is to punch the holes thru in the correct end spot and then sweep cut the slots radially center point to center point.

That should give you what you need.