Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I CANT SEE MY CURSOR

Jayme

I NEED HELP AT WORK WE HAVE LEVEL 2 MILL 9.1 WE GOT NEW DELL COMPUTERS WHEN I LOADED UP MASTER CAM EVERTHING WENT GREAT SO I THOUGHT. I AM HAVEING PROBLEMS WITH THE CURSOR I CAN HADLY SEE IT AND WHEN I WINDOW SOMETHING THE WINDOW DOESNT SHOW EATHER IT DOES WORK WHEN I MOVE THE CURSOR OVER A TOOL BAR BUT NOT IN THE DRAWING FEILD THE OLDER DELL WORKED FINE BUT NOT THE NEW ONE. I RELOADED MASTERCAM BUT SAME THING STILL HAPPENS IS IT THE NEW COMPUTER OR IS THERE A SETTING THAT IS WRONG? PLEASE HELP ME THANKS FOR ANY INFO JAYME A NEWBE

OK WE CAN HEAR YOU PLEASE TURN OFF THE CAPS AS THIS IS CONSIDERED YELLING.

This is a videocard issue, bought a new computer but no one aksed "What do we need to run Mastecam?"

You need to turn down your hardware acceleration.

Right click on the desktop area >> Properties >> Settings >> Advanced >> Troubleshoot >> Slide hardware accelration to the 2nd last from the left.

There is also a link around here for a different driver that might help.

I'll bet this is an ATi video card too, right?

If it is an ATi card try the driver this page at the bottom it says it is available on, CadCam's FTP now, it "should" allow to turn hardware acceleration back up

Linky

quote:

i was crying not yelling

biggrin.gif

My first post on this forum nearly 6 years ago was on the same subject.

Some people have reported that the very newest ATI drivers will run V9 OK (not great,just OK)

A quick fix is to turn your hardware acceleration way down. That will work, but performnce will take a big hit and you will still have irritating glitches.

The best solutionis to upgrade to a card with an NVIDIA chipset, preferably a Quadro CAD/CAM card.

If you plan on upgrading to X anytime soon, insist on a Quadro card.

quote:

There were 2 OpenGL dll replacement files available

I had one named opengl.dll. I used it in V8 and early V9. You had to delete 2 dll's and add

opengl.dll to the MC root directory.

It worked pretty good.

I looked on the FTP site, but didn't see it.

Someone here on the forum turned me on to it