Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Buffer Overrun MR2

MMT-USA

• 1 month later...

I realize this doesn't solve your problem, but I always start a new session of MC when making config changes. MC grabs all current settings (data paths, origin marker on, autocursor settings, etc) and saves them as default. I don't like that. A new session allows me to keep all my settings when making changes. Kind of a pain, but it works. I've also never experienced your problem.

Thad

I have had this problem for some time as well. I have noticed also that it seems to happen much less when 1st started before opening a job. I have a config file that will generate the buffer overrun upon load if anyone is interested. Also, I save my config as a different name and use that as my active config file that way when the corruption happens, I just copy the original mcamx.config to my config file name and I'm back up and running with the original defaults.

Rick

I reported this Bug a while back. Got a call from cnc software and was able to reproduce over and over again.

lessons learned :

1)only mak config changes at start up.

2) do not use Alt -d for dimension changes

X will blow up

3) make a couple of config file backups under differant names. just incase things blow up

along the way

4) still waiting for the fix

Gord

Hi Kieth

going good. trying to keep up with my 11 year old

were are riding the hills of whistler, took a hugh

dump near the bottom of the gondola. the people in the beer garden gave me a ten for the landing.

I heard you went back to Inovative. hows the comute?

Best regards Gord

offtopic.gif