Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MR2 crashing when projecting curves

Jim Helberg

If it's any consolation mine crashed doing a surface project toolpath as i was reading your post!I had two windows open at once if that makes a difference.

I closed the other one and regened the backup file and that worked.I've had a few strange things happen

with multiple windows open

Roger

Hi Chris

I had different files open,I can't reproduce it at will.The file It happened with was an MC9 file I

had opened made some changes and was regening the surface project toolpath when it crashed.

I have had problems with multiple windows open before but can't pin it down to any specific action.

Roger

Chris,

Thanks for looking into this for us.

I did just have it crash again, and my boss had it do it to him yesterday. What I noticed was the same is that they both crashed when we were trying to put the attributes on a new level and a new color.

Hopefully this may help.

Thabks,

Jim

Hi Guys,

Just a thought.... Are you in 3D mode when you are doing the projection? and are you using the normal option? I have had problems when trying to project a curve normal to a surface in 2D mode. Also, I would recommend saving right before a projection. I have been using the new Backup feature for MR2 and it works great. If you run under any sort of network I recommend that you have an administrator create a new folder in C:. We call ours MCBACKUP and we have our administrator set the folder for full access for all users. That way if one of our programmers calls out sick everybody has access to the backup files on that programmers machine. By saving right before the project you should have your part file and a backup copy both saved at the same stage of completion. I just had Backup save about 6 hours of work yesterday. I had a 5 axis part with about 30 operations crash on me. Autosave hadn't kicked in yet (15 min interval for me) and my file puked. I opened it back up and I had an empty operations manager. eek.gif

Backup saved the day. Sorry for the hijack.

-Colin