Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Curve 5x help for Newb...

David Colin

Hi !

I have a prob with curve5x toolpath. I'm (still) new to multiaxis toolpath and need your help.

I put a file on FTP (MC9 directory:Screw_curve5x)

This is pretty simple but I can't do it...

I want to machine a slot on a cylinder (which is several laps long). It looks like a screw and it's typically a 4-axis toolpath which can be programmed with Rolldie C-hook too, but i would need 5axis toolpath to be able to tilt cutter.

How to make this toolpath smooth? Project normal to surface?

I'm using MCAM9.1

Thanks!

Its not a problem cause it still is normal to the surface.

If you want to cut the surf you need to put -neg-

stock to leave. You wont be able to put more than

the tool corner radius though.

Or change your geometry.

What exactly are you wanting to do ??

PEACE biggrin.gif

Hi all!

I just looked at your file (CADCAM) and there is improvement but it still remains some problem.

The point is that 3D contour toolpath you made is exactly what I want to do with curve5X. However I need to do it with curve5X because i want to be able to use 5-axis features (to tilt cutter)

The problem is that in your file, curve5x toolpath doesn't match 3D contour toolpath. It seems rotated or mirrored. I don't really know what's the problem frown.gif

Anyway, what did you modify (geometry?/parameters?) to make curve5x toolpath to work?

EDIT:I looked into it deepier and it seems toolpath is projected at the opposite side of the surface (diameter). I want to project on the side next to spline. Help...

Thanks all