Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OK How long shall we wait

cadcam

Hi every one just wondering how long or how often we should clean some of the Geo files from MC8 folder.

I have the room but just wondering how long we should hold on to some of these files.

Figureing that alot of the help needed with the files is done and there is no need for some of them.

Let me have your thoughts the hole Mastercam FTP is only 252megs at this time i will let it go up at least a gig.

later all.

I'm not sure I followed the question correctly, but we never dump our geometrey files. We do however, back them up on a network drive. We continually have to make revisions so it makes sense to us not to delete them. And, the associative feature of Mastercam makes that a piece of cake.

I do use the space on that hard drive for my business to.

But I did make sure I left a lot of space for you folks.

I have no problem giving up a whole gig if needed.

The hard drive it self on the server is used just for FTP and Web sites.

My main web site takes up the same amount of space that you nice folks have used all ready.

I have a dedicated 15 gig to web And FTP.

I am still wondering if when you folks go to look for some thing, there is so much stuff, that what should take a few seconds takes time to find the files you want to view.

This is one of the reasons I have made so many different folders to make it a little easier.

So this one of the reasons I am asking you the people that use this some on a daily basis.

So far, they say every 45 – 60 days sounds good on some files.

On patches and say drivers I plain on leaving.

I would even say the same on posts.

So I think you folks see how I am thinking.

Thanks, if you have read this far then sorry for the long post.

J

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Hi - I'm with gcode, dump anything over 45 days. Might want to be a little selective in a few places though, like the 'car' and the 'motorcycle' are fun things that will always be interesting.

Thanks for making the FTP site available to the forum, Jay. It is really a big help.

BerTau

Jenks,

We are talking about the FTP on this forum.

The files on the FTP here are for sharing with you folks so we can help other users when they have trouble.

They usually down load the file fixed or changed by one of us users then they do as you say and save it.

The Mastercam FTP side here is a temp place to share your files.

This should not be the place you store your files.

I do store my files on this server but on another drive.

This server contains 5 drives.

Hope this helps.