Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis ops switching to incremental

Bruce Caulley

Morning all,

I have a programme that has a 2d contour followed by 2 five axis curve operations. If I post these together the 5 axis ops are posted as G91, but if I post a 5axis curve by itself it is in G90. If I post both 5axis curve ops together the first is G90 and the second is G91. Is this a simple switch somewhere?

Bruce

Thanks G, but all on 0. Any of the ops when posted individually is absolute. If posted together only the first one is, the rest are incremental.

headscratch.gif Might be a post issue. It is an inhouse solutions post and I have been hitting Dave Thomson regularly for little changes and tweaks lately so maybe one of these changes is the culprit.

Saved by Vericut AGAIN!!

Bruce

interesting...just tried the same thing here with X and got something different....just wont post them together at all....tried moving them around ...tried to generate them with different work planes to force the output...(crash) and makes no sense...V9 works with no problems but X wont do it with the same post....I'll send this off to inhouse here in Cambridge and see what they get