Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Integrex Capto or KM

DavidB

The KM coupling never caught on to the extent that that Capto coupling has and I believe that rigidity is a big part of that. I know that KM is already licensed to make the Capto coupling and I think Iscar is [or will be soon] so hopefully that will drive the pricing down AND it will eliminate the need for so much creativity when you're trying to set up somebody else's tool in your Capto machine. I have 16 CNC lathes with Capto tooling and we also use Capto tools in some of our machining centers; works fantastic for us. My Integrex [300SY] was C6 Capto and we were doing some serious roughing with 3" facemilling cutters with excellent rigidity and tool life.

I am quite serious about selling the tools I have so shoot me an email and I'll forward you the list of what I have.

C

If you are primarily doing mostly turning work i would say that the lower turret is a good option.

If you are concserned about cycle time the lower turret would help considerably because sometimes the tool change time for the ATC is long depending on how many tools you get(min 40), which i would go for the biggest magazine possible btw. Put most of your turning tools in the lower turret. Its quicker even if your not running sync'd operations.

Full 5 axis is an option you probably want and i would be sure and get sub-spindle coolant thru if your getting a sub-spindlea(Which you should).

Oh and a part catcher that works on either spindle.

m2c

When we were looking at the Integrex We looked at both the KM and Capto systems. Sandvik also makes the KM. When you look at them together the KM doesn't appear to compare against the Capto. We ended up buying a Tsugami with the KM tooling (Capto wasn't avaliable) and the KM is surprisingly rigid also.

I believe HSK is the only interface that becomes stiffer the faster it rotates.

Beyond 15K or 20K RPM, CT will begin to lose contact on the taper and rigidity in the process. BigPlus only prevents the holder from pulling up into the spindle at high RPM, it doesn't solve the taper contact issue.

We have a 300 and a 200, both with KM63 holders. I like the holders repeatability, however, with only Kennametal and Valinite (I think still VM63) making these holders delivery/selection of holders can be an issue. I have not taken any (what I would consider) heavy cuts, so I have not noticed a rigidity problem. I have seen all the sweet options that are available with the capto system, kind of wish I was more involved with the purchase of the machine.