Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anillam 6000 Dxf Problem

Have a customer with a Friar machine with Anillam 6000 control. When he brings in a MCAM X dxf file to let the controlconvert it to code it will not read the dxf. Friar has told him the geometry has no thickness and can't read it. I know you can make geometry wider but Iknkow of no way to make it thicker and neither did QC. Has anybody out there had this problem? And if so did you figure out a solution?

Thanks in advanced for any help?

What type of geometry is it (splines/lines/arcs)?I remember something one time about the control not being able to read a spline maybe but that was a few years ago at another shop where we ran into that. I'm currently at a different place so can't verify that. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Probably not much help but....

I just ordered a fryer with that same control so I am interested in this too. I have also had problems with MC exporting DXF files. We have 3 seats of mill but for some reason the 3 CNC lathes are run from an ancient copy of OneCNC. When ever I need to do turning work I have to export geometry I derive form surface models, put it on a floppy (because OneCNC isn’t bass ackward enough they have to have it on the only computer not on the LAN) and sneaker net it over to the turning centers. I have never been able to figure out why DXF files from MC don’t work. AutoCAD DXFs work fine. I can output from MC as an IGES and it will work ok providing I make sure the geometry is supper clean. Converting splines to arcs helps but guarantees nothing.