Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trim problem

Reverend Turk

I created a drawing which is a square. I then created and circle over top of the square. The I used solid extrude to make the square a pyramid shape and then solid extuded the cirle down to meet it at a particular point. I am now trying to trime away the cylinder so I can leave just the partial pyramid with the radii of the cycliner cut out on all sides. When I try to use solid trim nothing happens... banghead.gif

I am new to this and have been learning on my own with lots of seat time and the help of this board. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this??

Ok...I now have a pyramid with four sides where each side has an elliptical cutout. I need to make these four pieces individually and then weld them together in the pyramid shape but I had no way to get any dimensions off of the elipse. So i wanted to draw it as a solid so I can easily remove the extruded portion leaving me with the elliptical cut outs. Now I want to take one side and lay it down flat so I can get the proper numbers from 0,0 and cut out the part on the water jet. I wasn't sure of another way to get that information since all I was handed was a hand drawn sketch with virtually no dimensions.

afit,

sounds like a good time to use an alternative wcs.

you should be able to define a new wcs dependent on your 'flat' side of the pyramid using some of the geometry options.

once you have created that, set it as the active wcs and go to a top view.

i think that is what you are asking...???

hth.

Jason,

I put a file on the FTP called Pyramid-Thad.MCX. See if that's what you want. I saved it in my new WCS with one face flat. I think all sides should be the same. I also put my construction geometry on level 10.

Thad