Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rotating named views

specv

I need to rotate my part but I want all the named views to follow it so that my indexes are right, I am using a horizontal machine so wcs is always Top, so that needs to stay there. Is there anyway to do this without renaming everything and losing toolpath associativity?

SpecV

If you put a check at the operations you need to move you can then transform/rotate and then check

the box for"create new operations and geometry" and throw that geometry on another level.

Or just rotate the part and regenerate the toolpath.

Not quite sure if that's what your asking.

All I know is I never move a part once it is programmed.

I will create a new plane for toolpaths and change the plane in the tool parameters but the part stays still.

You can try to change the common offset of the rotary on the machine depending on the control. I programmed a tombstone with 43 tool and 132 operatons and they change the setup of the fixture, to where the (B0.0) in my program would be (B90.0). So on my Fanuc I changed the common offset to 90.0 degrees ((G10G90L2P0X0.Y0.Z0.B90) and I didn't change any thing in Mastercam and the part ran perfect.

FNMI we try not to do this as we have multiple jobs running of the same machine at the same time. Also if an operator looks at the screen and then the table ans freaks out and thinks somethings wrong possibly shutting a job down in the middle of the night when I'm not here.