Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Macro and shortcut button

Andy

Andy,

I assume you need this for MCX. This is not an answer to your question, but maybe something that you never considered.

Someone once told me that they always draw some lines like you desire and then offset or create-line-parallel to create other geometry. I never liked that because all lines were the same length, it looked like a Checker board and it created more confusion by the time trimming time came around. I always liked to use the horizontal or vertical lines. That way, I could click-click, in the approximate location where they would be, and type in my location. That made trimming so much easier.

Now to your question. biggrin.gif I believe the Help file says that you can keymap a macro but it doesn't tell you how and I haven't found a way to do it.

Thad

Thad,

Yes V10.

Yes, I like to start with and draw parallel lines and trim.

The best I could do was keymapping and then get the manager also.

However, it now turns out that when I create a maco for something as simple as putting a point at the origin when I play it back it puts it relative to the screen and not at the origin.(worthless).

Just before playback pan the screen a little and see.

Roger, That certainly is one solution. I have considered doing that. It would entail navigating and finding that MCX template file every time. However, I would still like to have macros , in general, work in MC and be able to take advantage of their potential power. It may be that they won't support them much in the future.