Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hasp not found & resolution change

Paul Nelson

quote:

The OS is Win98 SE and has been the most stable of the 12 computers we have here.

OS is not the only factor in stability issues. My 4 year old son has an old p200 with win98SE and it has been on flawlessly for months. I imagine I can consider myself a power user- and win2kpro on an identical box (dual boot) will outperform 98se in the areas of multitasking, adjustability, networking and system stability. Every time. I have had usb issues with win2000 on older motherboards, but that is the only problem I have ever had. Put win2k on your allready stable box, format NTFS, you will not be disappointed. wink.gif

It is not solely the issue with installing the latest XP drivers for the HASP sim.

There is a HASP issue also and could be related to the HASP not functioning well with the XP operating system. The XP HASP drivers will install fine. But HASP80.exe or HASP9.exe will show the SIM as uninitialized. No solution to this.

The SIM does the same for 2 different hardware systems, both running XP.

Speaking from current experience.

Regards

[ 01-30-2002, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Consultant ]

quote:

Interesting on formating NTFS... you mean as opposed to FAT32?

I could go on and on about the benefits of the NTFS filesystem over FAT16/FAT32, but I won't. But I will mention them briefly biggrin.gif

Without getting too "techy", NTFS's main strengths lie in the way it stores data. With NTFS, more "records" are kept for each file and these "records" are updated more frequently that FAT32. These "records" include data such as name, location, modified date, etc... All filesystems do that, so what's the big deal? Well NTFS also records security information like who owns the file and various permisssions. Finally, NTFS logs practically everything. This is a good thing because in the event of a power failure, for example, your data probably won't be lost on anything that you were working on. With FAT16 or FAT32, odds are it's lost and there's a good chance of data corruption elsewhere. Yes, I like NTFS biggrin.gif