Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Agie posting problem??

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

I have been posting for my agie wire for months with X and not had problems. All of the sudden when I post using cimco editor or mcam editor and try to save to floppy it wont give me all the files I need (sbl iso sbr). so now when I post and the post processing window comes up I tell it to "ask" and I save all files in a generic folder I created and drag and drop all the files to the floppy. but I get an error for each contour "the agie datta file coud not be found, use agie chook" WHAT DO I DO TO FIX!! AHHH!!!

I think having that for a screen name shows nothing but disrespect....after all this is a "Mastercam" forum. right? IMO starting out right off by showing no respect and then saying "oh..btw....can you help a brother out" probably isn't the best way to go. To me it seems like your just trolling.

mastercam has some nice options, I will admit and when its working it works well... But It crashes on a regular basis, you cant have more than one up at a time ect... The worst part is we are all the test dummies for this, mastercam releases something and tells us to call and tell them the problems with it. I did have these problems with surfcam, it just worked, and was very stable. I will say they both have their pros and cons, but when my machines are down do to software problems (mastercam) you can understand why Im frustrated.

Is the agie machine the default machine eor are you changing the machine before posting? The agie machine needs to have the stock setup first, then when toolpathing enter the agie button on the first page of the contour toolpath, set accordingly. Then when posting the file the editor will only show you the .sbl (I think) close that, and using the windows explorer copy the three files to the floppy (or machine or whatever).

HTH

Allan

It gives me that error and still posts a pgm, but when I load it on the machine Q target is changed block size is changed and rotated and clearance is changed. The pgm looks good on the screen but has a ton of errors and wont run.??

Thanx for the help, I think I need to take a break for a few minutes and try again. Ive been messing with this for 2 days. Oh I also use this to post to a mits wire and that works fine?? Again thanxs for the help

quote:

thought we were all here for the same reason, problems with mastercam...

Not me....here to learn and share experience...ask questions about machines, etc., etc.,... not 'cause I just have problems and want to b**ch about things and put down a particular software. All software has it's problems. I haven't seen any that are trouble free. How you handle your problems, your attitude and how ask for help is up to you but don't assume everybody's here 'cause of "problems" with MC.