Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Geometry and Operations dissappeared

shienh

I made a program with about 50 operations.Operations were created using Solids, Surfaces and wireframe.I worked on and off on this file for three days.File was opening fine, operations were good in operation manager until this morning.

When I opened the file today everything dissappeared including operations and geometery.

I'm using X MR2.

Anyone else had this problem?

It happened to me a couple days ago on a file very similar to the one you described...

I have no idea what happened or why.

I'd already posted the job, but it was still a pain in the rear.

That was the first time, and it hasn't happened since. Hopefully it was just a mysterious issue that won't repeat itself.

It usually crashes during save for me. And yes I do lose everything.

Saveing the file under 2 different names every time I save it. If it crashes on 1, I can go back and open the other.

Only happens on some files.

Sometimes have to retreive file from backup server.

This has happened to me in the past as well. I don't tend to have the problem as much now though. With MR2, having backups enabled virtually eliminates the starting over fiasco (sp?). One other thing, I don't know if you run with multiple occurrences of X open at once or not, but if you do, this can cause problems. I only have one occurrence of X running at a time and my problems have virtually disappeared.

Rick

Auto save is a great thing. I was however referring to the Backup option in MR2. If you look at the configuration page that has autosave, there is a new to MR2 feature that allows Mastercam to create redundant backups. I have mine set to keep 3 copies. This allows me to have a backup of my last three saves. If the current one goes belly up, I can load one from the last time I saved. The auto save file is also backed up. So even if you don't save files regularly, you will have (or more) copies of the auto save file. The backup feature has gotten me out of a pickle more than once. smile.gif

Hey guys,

I am long time user of Mastercam (ver 3.3 or 3.8 so long ago I can't remember) and let me tell you this. Mastercam is 10,000% better than it used to be. I have had files that were just fine, one day I would open them up and there would either half of the file gone or corrupted or just a few surfaces. This was back when,if you were making an electrode, most of the time it was off of a part and any surfaces that were in the file were surfaces you created.

I don't see it happen as much as I used to, but it still happens. I have no idea what the "glitch" is but when you have a program as strong and flexible as Mastercam is, there is going to be a percentage of errors.

Just my opinion, and yes I know it stinks.........lol