Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Moldplus

mold100

I use moldplus once in while.We don't do any electrodes but I find the solid seperation feature(core-cavity)to come in pretty handy sometimes(in fact I'm using it on a job right now).Works great with solids although you don't have to use solids exclusivly(but it sometimes has trouble with surfaces).The slice feature is also one that I use from time to time to generate large numbers of curves on multiple surfaces. cool.gif

mold100,

Welcome to the Forum. Moldplus is designed to work in Mastercam specifically for surfaces. If you have the solids module in Mastercam, it is sometimes easier to create electrodes as solids but there are limitations. Moldplus offers the automatic generation of a base electrode shape and center point to accomodate the surfaces you select to produce the electrode from. It also saves all the electrodes selected to their own separate levels, making it easier to keep track of your individual electrodes. To do this without Moldplus would mean you'd have to remember to place each electrode on a separate level yourself. It does save an immense amount of time by doing this automatically. The "core - cavity" separation of surfaces is also very time-saving. smile.gif

If you do electrodes in Mastercam, or need a tool to do electrodes, this is the best solution.

The new version Moldplus9 for Mastercam 8.1.1 provides excellent tools for isolating electrode geometry, inserting electrodes and then getting a report of the electrodes in a text format and HTML format report. Visual, logical and simple!

Contact your Mastercam representative to try Moldplus for 30 days at your site.

You can also visit the site at www.moldplus.com

Regards.