Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

net surface

tooling

I am trying to create a net surface on a part that won’t let me. I uploaded the file to the http site in mcx/ MAS128M713RIGHT ABS 203 [email protected]

I have the geometry on level 4. I was going to do a flat boundary surface on the top then a single net surface on the rest. It won’t let me do the net. I can do each one individually but not all at the same time. Can any one see what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Here is how I did it:

1) Create a manual spline Vertically between the midpoints of all the Across entities.

2) Break the existing bottom spline at the midpoint(Where tou just drew the spline)

3) Create net surface - select the three "along contours"(the spline you created and the two sides.

select accross contours (Select the three horizontal lines.

4) Hit OK

acording to the help file I should be able to window the geometry and mastercam will sort it all out

quote:

As shown in the above graphics, a curve may or may not be trimmed in order to create a net surface. For contours that are not trimmed, the net surface will be created by trimming the curves appropriately to form the net of curves.

You can chain the contours in any direction and in any order. The Net Surface function will sort the chains out for accurate results.

You can create a net surface closed in one direction if the across contours are all closed. A mix of open and closed across contours will not create a new surface.

There is no maximum limit to the number of contours you select.

Mastercam does not allow sharp cornered surfaces to be created. Instead, it rounds the sharp corners with a small radius.

Note: The maximum angle allowed in chaining is 10 degrees. This will prevent partial chaining from succeeding if you chain select curves whose end tangents do not match within 10 degrees. A warning message will display and you will need to create smoother chains (10 degrees or less for a maximum angle).