Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surface contour filtering

ngkim

Just a thought?

Check your arcradmax(sp?) & arccheck in your post & see if its set to high (out of range) for your machine controller to handle.Possibly when you use filter Mastercam Spits out a Rad thats out of bounds.

Did you pin point the line of code in the nc file where it crashed & note the Radius R or IJK values?

Lets start there

Kennth Potter

I got a Mastercam Looove Jones

I have not looked at your files yet(hopefully I can sometime today,here's the information I'm going off of.

Mastercam Notes second quarter 2001

Vol. 10 No. 2

Q: Why does Filter create G18 and G19 arcs? I expected Filter to create only G17 arcs.

A: When the 'create arcs' checkbox is selected in the Filter dialog, Filter may create arcs in the XY, XZ, and YZ planes(G17, G18 and G19). If your post processor does not support G18/G19 arcs, then deselect the 'create arcs' option.

Like I said before,my controler will just freeze at any kind of z arc and give me the message"illegal operation cannot perform z arc"(or something of that nature, have not seen it since I started unchecking the create arcs box).I use the filter(with a filter tolerance of .0007 and a cut tolerance of .0003 which was also suggested in that issue of Mastercam Notes for a total cut tolerance of .001) on every single toolpath I generate and never have any problems this way. cool.gif

Buzz, just downloaded your files from the ftp and your right.I also tried just about every filter variation I could think of (there's really not that many) and even tried different tolerance settings and couldn't seem to get rid of that G18 in the beginning.I think you are absolutly correct in saying if there are actual G18 or G19 moves in the program before the filter there is no way of filtering them out(with the mcam filter).The one thing that did get rid of the G18 was instead(sp?) of doing a 3D contour of the geometry on the curved surface, I did a 2D contour of the original octagon and then projected that toolpath onto the surface.

Confucious say- ahh... so many ways to skin a cat biggrin.gif