Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Printing shaded solids in X

dprovost71

dprovost71,

Follow the suggestions that McamNut linked to. Beyond those, send me the file and I'll see if I can get it to print on our machine in the office. Or you could call and I can start a remote support session over the internet with you. cool.gif How has everyone been. I haven't heard from you in a while. HTH cheers.gif

Hi Pete,

All is well, we have slowed a bit.

You must be pretty busy with training.

I tried printing to a pdf using the freebie offered in a previous thread...Cutepdf and it works. Its an okay workaround and it just might be the solution if we ever do go paperless.

Thanks all. I look forward to X2. MCX has been great...very stable. Most problems have come from mcx setup issues which I will deem as human error.

I can't seem to print anymore either... headscratch.gif

Setup sheets work good....but whenever I try to print a shaded model in X, the filesize is always, 89.2 megs.....

My printer runs out of memory, i am guessing cause I don't know, but it just fails to print. .......

I have to use ver 9 to get the file down to a workable size.... headscratch.gif

Come on X2!!!

[ 09-20-2006, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Murlin ]

Ok, another issue I have with printing solids and surfaces is, there is no choice to print shaded or not shadded. In V.9 you would uncheck shaded and it would still print the wireframe of the surfaces. That way you don't have your ink cartridge going empty all the time and you could still where the surfaces are. Is there a setting in X to do this?