Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Macro's

gmenzies

Hello

I would like to know if anyone has made some macros that allow the user to drop in clamps.

ie: I pick referance points and mastercam macro draws a 3d clamp. this way I can have a quick visual or even make check surfaces to avoid colisions.

I suppose I can make a file up and merge clamps in. Just would be nice to have a quick mouse click. cool.gif

Thanks

Good luck on getting the Macros to work....

I've tried several times, but I think there is a bug in the macro recorder that does not properly recognize mouse clicks. I've sent in several reports to CNC about this but no word so far on a fix.

Your best bet right now is to do a File - Merge.

HTH,

Colin Gilchrist

The Boeing Company

MR2 and Beta test site

I haven't had any problems with the macro recorder. I've recorded a few different macros that work fine. The only problem i've run into with the mouse clicks is when someone else uses that seat of Mcam and they move some windows to new locations.

Unfortunately I haven't recorded one to do that.

I know this isnt probally what you are looking for, but I have difernt programs saved for difernt aplications, I have 1 for a hmc, 1 for vmc, etc.. in these programs I have my header saved in a level, a clamp saved under a difernt layer, a tombstone under a difernt layer etc... I start a program by opening 1 of these files, and working from that, rather then file new, that way my machine type is already set for the machine im programming. This way it is just a matter of activating the level to add a clamp.

Hi Shawn

Your suggestion is actually a very good approach.

I bounce back and forth between solidworks and X

I work alot with templates and pre-modeled parts.

Having all my jigs and fixtures, table layout etc.

there must be a way of having that as your default startup in X .

I have not found it in mastercam yet. Is there a way of grouping entites ? ie: instead of masking a level or color. But just clicking a entity and having mastercam grab the group of entites.

Gord