Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fence surface

Cuda84

Is their a problem with the procedure in fence surface? I am creating multiple fence surfaces.

First I pick the surface > then I pick the chain > then I set options > then apply. After I pick apply the chain dialog comes up. I have to pick a chain to continue, after I pick the chain I have to pick a new surface, then I have to pick the chain again. Wouldn't it work better if after apply, new surface selection was next. No matter what I do it always goes in this order, it works but for every surface I make I have to pick the chain twice.

Is there a different way to pick this?

Dave,

It assumes that you will want to use the same base surface again for the next curve. If that's what you intended to do, you wouldn't want to have to pick the same surface again each time. The multi surface fence is on our development schedule and that will hopefully make it easier to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Dave,

If nothing popped up at all after apply, then the person could determin for themselfs what they want to do next. I understand you can't anticipate every scenario, just wondering why it is going down one path at a junction instead of waiting for user imput. If the chain dialog did not popup and the surface remained selected the user could go either way. New surface or new chain.

Since you said it's in development, I guse it's not been changed in X2. Maybe sometime soon?