Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T What happened to the Olympics?

Philcott

Greetings of international friendship,

I can't believe what is going on at the Olympics.

frown.gif Seems like there are no events without some kind of scandal. From the French judge, Gretsky's whining rant, to the Russians threatening to go home. Where has the persuit of (non-drugged)excellance gone. Don't know about you guys but to me, the fun seems to have vanished from the scene. I will continue to watch and cheer for the home team but it will be UNDER PROTEST. confused.gif

Phil

Victoria B.C.

Canada

The Olympic organization is a massively corrupt one. I just wonder if Salt Lake City will make or lose money on these Olympics.

PS: Anybody know if the Canada/Belarus game at 2PM EST today will be broadcast on the 'Net somewhere? CBC Radio?

[ 02-22-2002, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Bullines ]

Unfortunatly,my own opinion is the olympics is becoming an international marketing scheme,now its going Springer,soon theyre will be outbreaks of fights on the podium,but why, gov't conspiracy,could it be?Or just people that have invested all theyre time and money

into something or someone and refuse to take losing,everything else is pretty cut throat why not the olympics.Just a liitle pondering.Sorry for any offenses.

Bullines, Hi. follow it online

Goto http://nbcolympics.com.

Click SITE MAP at the top of the home page.

Click Sports,Ice Hockey

under, RESULTS/SCHEDULES on left of page

Click Competition results, schedules and start lists

Scroll down the Calander to today's date.

find the game and click in the results box where it says "results,live"

sorry for the description but the live page isnt cached (sp) and is tough to link too

HTH

KLG

Canada vs. USA would be a nice match up for the Gold. THe Canadian Women really whupped a$$ on the USA didnt they. USA couldn't finish......... USA.USA........ wink.gif

Keith, I saw it on NBCs page. They're just providing updates and not live coverage. CBC and TSN are doing the same here in Canada. I guess the networks with broadcasting rights can only broadcast within their own country, so none of the networks are broadcasting on the Internet. Rules are rules, I guess. We're listening in the office here the old fashioned way; radio wink.gif

Yes, a Canada/US final would be nice, but it would be tough on me; my better-half is American biggrin.gif

[ 02-22-2002, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Bullines ]