Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

back plot dialog box

chris connelly

chris..

I've never had this problem, but others on the forum have

I (THINK???) they fixed it like this

Open the Control Panel, then Mastercam X

check Dialog Postions and hit Apply.

you could also do a search of the forum but it would be tough as there are a lot of posts about backplot

• 5 months later...

I have dual monitors and have this problem if I move mastercam to secondary monitor without back ploting first.

If I back plot before I move mastercam to the secondary monitor back plot window shows up, then I can move mastercam where ever I want and window shows up. ????? confused.gif

In X2-MR1 the Backplot dialogs remembers its last position, which is different than it worked in previously. This change makes it work just like the "other" dialogs. And this last position can be on a different screen, if that is where you left it.

(This is true of more than just the Backplot dialog).

You can reset all the dialogs to their "default" position using the Mastercam Control Pannel Applet

Settings -> Control Panel -> Mastercam X, and in the 'Reset groupbox', check the 'Dialog positions' and then click the Apply button.

I experimented with danbo's -

Start X and move it to the other screen first and saw no issues caused by this. The backplot dialog appears wherever I last left it, which as mentioned could be on the 'other' screen.