Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

monitor shopping

Greg VN

Yesterday my monitor started flickering a lot and today it is continueing and I have a feeling that it is soon to go out. I Know that this topic has been talked about a lot but the way things are constantly changing in the market place I thought I would check with our field of experts in the forum and see what suggestion you might have to look for a new monitor. There are a lot of choices out there.

Still using Mill 9.1 SP2 but I may move on to X in 2007.

Dell 4700 Dimension

Pentium ® 4 cpu 3.00 GHZ

Nvidia Quadro FX 1400

4GB of RAM

Thanks

smile.gif

I think it's more about budget tahn anything. Are you looking to go flat screen (is that what you had before or a CRT)? If you go flat screen lcd, get something with a low response time. We're tied into Dell here so we had to go with them. I think the 20" lcd I have was around $380 but you can find other brands cheaper.HTH

After looking at Best Buy, Sams, Target, & Office Depot and than looking on the web I decided to go back to Sams and purcahse a Samsung 225bw for $379. Sams was $20. less than Best Buy and what I found on the web was around the same prices. It is a lot different looking at this huge screen compared to my 19" Viewsonic CRT.

I have a problem with my computer regarding the installing the cd. The drawer will not open to insert the cd for installing the drivers. We have tryed pushing a paperclip into the hole and the lights flash but the drawer will not open. I went to the Samsung website and downloaded the driver so I'm past that part but I still need to solve the problem with the cd drawer. bonk.gif

Any suggestions?

Push harder on the paperclip ?

If it's just a cdrom you could replace it pretty cheap...

FYI... Applications with a lot of white were making me feel like my eyeballs were going to explode when I first got the new Samsung. Iwas able to select a different color "temperature" and the white screens became pleasant to look at.

I straightened out a paper clip and pushed harder and I was able to open it. It is continueing to hang up and will not open automatically when you push the button. The paper clip works every time if you push hard enough. For now I will not worry about it since I don't use it very often.

I agree about the white especially with my catteracts. How do you change the the temperature?

Thanks