Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Strange drill Posting

romer

I'm having a hard time trying to figure this one out.

If I create a drill toolpath with multiple points, check the "use clearance only at start and end" box, the Z reference height

is output on the line preceding the canned cycle and the Z initial height is output after the canceling of the cycle.

G43 H10 Z2.

T3

Z.1

G99 G81 Z-.05 R.1 F20.

X.09 Y.18

X1.42 Y-.40

G80

Z2.

M05

G91 G28 Z0.

No problem. Just what I want and expect,

But if I create a drill toolpath with only a single point, or delete all but one in a prior toolpath, I lose the reference height

output.

G43 H10 Z2.

T3 --------- Z height gone!

G99 G81 Z-.05 R.1 F20.

G80

M05

G91 G28 Z0.

I am using a modified MPMaster post. I have tried other posts, and even loaded in a untouched MPMaster machine, control, and post definition, all with the same results. V9 never posted this way.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

romer

I'm aware the code will run. I'm just looking for answers as to whether I am doing something wrong in the set-up of the new software. (Machine definitions, etc.)

We are currently transitioning from V9 to X. I've updated our current posts and am also tweaking a fresh version of MPMaster to take advantage of some of the new features available in X.

Any deviation from what was posting out of V9 however minute, makes me a little nervous. (call me anal-retentive, I'll freely admit it.) If there is some reason that the output of G98/G99 is tied to the number of entities selected, fine. However, I would just like to have it explained if possible for my own curiosity.

After playing with the program over the weekend I have also found on one of our posts that I can't get anything but a G98 output with a single entity no matter what I try to change in the toolpath, machine, or controller parameters.

This seems a little strange to me.

If someone can enlighten me I would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

romer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...