Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Crash

cqualls

I programmed a lathe job and posted the program, when posting it came up with a warning couldn't find MP DLL. The program went ahead and posted but wasn't correct. I closed out of Mastercam X2 then tried to open MCX2 up and got the message: C:McamX2mastercam.exe This application has failed because the application configuration is incorrect. Tried opening McamXmr2 and it wouldn't open. Tried opening MC9.1 and get a warning: cannot load c:windowssystem32mclstctl.ocx.

Rebooted the computer and still getting same messages.

Any ideas as to what is wrong?

I tried running the repair utility from Mastercam and got an Error 1904.Module C:Windowssystem32mcdescr.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147010895. contact your support personnel. I opted to continue this repair and got the same message with the mcdescr.dll changing several times.

Is this a corrupt registry issue on the harddrive?

start/run/command

When the DOS window comes up type in chkdsk /f and make sure your HDD does not have any errors on it...

Whenever I start having hooky glitches, it's the first thing I do.

Dunno if it will help, but sometimes freaky errors are due to lost clusters on the HDD..

It's probably due to the fact you have so many installs of X.

They all have intermingled security all the way back to ver 9.1.

After making sure you have no HDD errors. Try running the hasp proggy.