Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Question for the Intergrex Users.

crazy^millman

I am programming some stuff for a E-410 machine. I am finding a problem between using the G68 and the G43.4 together with one tool. What is happeining is that the machine will alarm out saying illegal modal command if we do G68 then go to G43.4, but will not alram the other way around. It was suggested we not use the G68, but I have seen that is kicks but and does very good job of programming and running the machine. I have added a force toolchange and that still does not take care of the problem. Now here is the really wired part. If I do a restart on the program where it gave me the alarm after a reset and it works fine. I have tried using the G49 cancle the G43.4 but the machine wierds out and wants to crash on me. I have read the book and the supplment for G43.4 and well kind of drawing blanks. I can get through tehe parts, but I want posted code to work like it should. Everything else is doing very well expect for this certian problem we seem to be having. Any suggestions or ideas will be appericated.

Best Reagrds, Ron

Millman,

Applications has done some testing on G43.4 and G43.5 at Mazak. We did not use G68 positioning.

In order to get G43.4 to work properly we had to change a few variables on the control.

I sent you a PM of what we found needed to be set on the control.

If you want to send the mcx file I will be glad to enable g68 and then create a nc file with the post that I am using.

[ 12-15-2006, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Greg McKay ]

Yes that is the G49 and the parameter not to move the machine when it is applied is active. It is recommed we do not use G68, but everything work really good when doing milling operation using G68. Now if I do C axis work I seem to have no problem with posted code. I am trying to pin point what the problem is just going to take some tinkering with it to see what works best and gives problem free programs to the machine. Thing that sucks is together alram seperate does not alarm and makes a pretty killer looking part.